Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Thank You Prayer

March 28th, 2011 10:30pm
God,

Thank you. Thank you for Your blessings. Thank you for giving me what could become a whole new life. I am so grateful to You. None of this really feels real yet. I feel like this is one of the biggest days of my life so far and I’m not savoring it the way I should. I don’t really know how I feel right now, maybe a little confused and grasping as the last bit of the day slips away before I can figure it out. God, please help me to sort out my feelings. Please help me to accept the end of my seizures, which have defined me and set me as other for my whole life, and help me to accept and understand that my surgery worked, that I don’t have seizures anymore! Thank you.

I’m a little scared that I’ll end up like the woman who wrote that she was seizure-free for fourteen months when her seizures came back a lot worse than they’d ever been. Please, please don’t let that happen to me. That would be so awful, so heartbreaking. I don’t think I could do this surgery again. Rather, I could with Your love behind me, but it would be so much harder. But this news is indeed good.

Please look over my family. Please make sure they know how incredibly much I love them and let them sleep well tonight.

All this I pray in Your holy name,

Amen.

1 comment: