Thursday, August 25, 2011

Moving In

As of September first, John is officially moving in! For all intents and purposes, we’ve already lived together for a while, but now it will be official!
I spent yesterday running up and down the concrete stairs of my building as I did load after load of laundry between job-finding initiatives. After two loads of delicates/work out clothes, one of colors, one of towels and one of sheets, I rearranged my shelves, moving picture frames, baskets of office supplies and jewelry boxes to make room for the extra t-shirts, shorts and pants that will be permanent residents. I went through my over-stuffed closet and took out all of my winter clothes and dresses that I don’t wear and packed them up to make room for his shirts and suits. This is really happening! I’ve never before lived with someone more than a roommate; neither has he. It’s new for both of us, and while we’re each a little nervous, it’s good nervous, the excited kind precipitated by moving forward to the next chapter of life.

This afternoon I’m going to get a couple pictures of John and his friends and family to swap for some pictures of mine in the many frames balanced on bookshelves and window sills. It’s part of the transformation of a girly bachelorette pad into a compromised co-habitat. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment