Thursday, May 26, 2011

Naps

I still take naps almost every day. I don't know how much of my fatigue is from surgery and how much is from my medication, which is still at pre-surgery levels, but no matter the cause, I'm getting tired of it (no pun intended). I wish I could make it through a whole day like everyone else, but I just get so tired, I have to stop and recharge like a four year old phone battery. I used to have serious fatigue before my surgery, but back then I could mask it with caffeine. Decaf's placebo effect works occasionally, but on the whole it's not much help. Ah, the days when I could shotgun a Red Bull and be back in business - at least for another couple hours.

Agh! It's just frustrating! I have so many things I want to do, need to do, each day, but I feel like I can only make it through half of them. Time slides by, more slippery each time I try to catch it, and so soon the day is gone. Between heavy eyes that close on their own and the headaches that have crept back in and leave me out of play, it's as though I only have a few productive hours every day. I'm over it. I don't know what I can do about it, though. I feel trapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment