Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Mayo Follow-Up Update

Mom, John and I drove down to Rochester yesterday evening, had sandwiches (me and J) and salad (mom) at Canadian Honker and stayed in a 2 queen bed room at the Hilton Garden - J in one bed, me and mom in the other. I was hoping to snuggle w my mom but no luck.
Woke up at 5:30 to a wake up call and two cell phone alarms. Got to Mayo at 6:15 but it wasn't open yet, so we went to Caribou for bfast. Eventually got in and went to 8th floor of the Gonda bldg to get my itinerary. They gave me a red pager and I thought they were going to call me up, but 7:25 came and I figured out that they didn't know I was there for my EEG. I went up and told them and fortunately the EEG station was at the other end of the hallway, so I wasn't late.
EEG lasted about 3 hrs and included a nap, reading out loud, looking at pictures, looking at strobe lights (yuck) and hyperventilating for 3 min (double yuck). After EEG, got blood drawn and had western breakfast bagel at Bruegger's for lunch. Hit up the billing dept to deal w the $9,440 that mom paid out of pocket in March when I was still fighting w COBRA. Turns out we might not get it back because it was used to pay for two MRIs that didn't receive precertification. We're gonna fight it but there's a chance we won't win. :(
Right now we're waiting to see Dr. So. He'll give us the results of the EEG and I'll ask about the headaches I still get.
Will give an update on our way home!
Xoxo
E

No comments:

Post a Comment