Tuesday, December 27, 2011

One Year Follow-Up Update 2

EEG showed no seizure activity!! Dr. So wants me to get a CT because of the headaches I'm still getting. Apparently my MRI in March showed some fluid in my brain hole, which was normal, but having surgery headaches at this point is not normal, so he's wondering if the fluid has grown. The results will dictate in part when I can start to resume risky activity like riding a bike or skiing. He'll call me with the results next week and tell me if I can start to decrease my Vimpat! If so, it'll be a long, slow process that will take a couple months. Caffeine and alcohol (minus vodka red bulls) can resume normal activity after I'm off the Vimpat.
All in all, pretty great news! Now just waiting for my insurance to approve the CT and hopefully I can get it done today - preferably early so I have time to get back to St. Paul and wash my hair before dinner out at 7!

No comments:

Post a Comment