Monday, April 11, 2011

Bahamas Day 2 - Sailboats and Sandy Feet

My chest, stomach and chin (which is not covered by my sun hat) are getting red, so I dragged my chair into the shade. The new view shows two sailboats gliding toward the pier before making perfectly synchronized pivots and heading back out to sea. The boats are cairried on the wind by their striped sails: red, yellow and blue standing out against the turquoise shore, the deep blue open sea and the light, blue-grey of the horizon it meets. Much better view than the topless Frenchie from earlier today. The crashing waves and rustling palm tree soundtrack is much more suited to sailboats and rolling water than maked people on blue beach towels.

Two more sailboats and two light blue windsurfers have joined the water. The breeze feels nice on my neck. When I reach out my legs, stretching them away from the rest of my folded body, my toes reach the sun. I wiggle them, happy of my choice of gold toenail polish. The tops of my feet are covered in fine, light sand. I do't look, but I'm sure the bottom is worse. The backs of my legs are spotted with sand kicked up by the flip flop of my flip flops when I walked down the beach. My heels are red and dry. I'm not sure why, but I'll put some coconut-lime lotion on them when I get back from the room.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time. Where's the beach pics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That boat cover looks great. And it also fits well on the boat. Look like it is part of the boat already, just like the convertable car. Nice.

    Amplifier Hifonics

    ReplyDelete