Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Strides for Epilepsy

Hey Team!

Every year, the Epilepsy Foundation holds a 5K walk/run called Strides for Epilepsy. I don't run, I hate running and am bad at it, but I'm a top notch walker, so this year I'm participating! The Stroll will raise money for programs that help to raise awareness about epilepsy, promote research, and give support to epileptics and their families. Some of the programs they run include themed support groups, mentoring programs, events to bring together people with epilepsy and their loved ones with people like them, and the Jason Fleishman Summer Camp for kids with epilepsy that's too severe for them to be able to go to regular summer camp. Kids should go to summer camp. I went every year, and while I hated it sometimes and cursed the horseback riding (which I wasn't particularly skilled in) with eight year old bad words like, "stupid" and "hate", I wouldn't change it for anything. I got to swim in the St. Croix river and learned how to make ridiculous numbers of friendship bracelets. Lots of kids with epilepsy don't get to do that because the camps don't have the resources to support them.

So pretty much, the Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado is awesome and I'm really looking forward to this walk. Any donation that you can give, even if it's just five dollars, is huge. Your support really means more to me than I can say. Living In a Brainstorm is putting together a team, so visit our page here!

On a completely unrelated note, I've been thinking about it and it's time that Living in a Brainstorm has a logo. I am not skilled in drawing or graphic-making, so I wanted to see if anyone else is! If you have an idea for a logo, email me!

That's all, but again, any contribution you can make to Strides is amazing and will really help everyone affected by epilepsy all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment